Tuesday, September 4, 2012

'Tis the Season progress

I finally decided to go ahead and machine quilt my 'Tis the Season quilt without the walking foot. I figured I could do some of it, and if it was horrible-well, I'm good with the seam ripper.




While it wasn't as good as with a walking foot, I decided I could live with the results. I'm stitching in the ditch and am almost done. I should finish the quilting tomorrow. Then it's on to the hanging sleeve, the label and last of all the binding!


Meanwhile, I've won a couple of giveaways in the blog world lately. I won some half yards of flannel from  Henry Glass Fabrics and some goodies from Tamiko at patchworknotes.blogspot.com



 If it wasn't so hot and humid, I'd definitely want a pair of jammies made with the bunny fabric from Henry Glass. It's made to be a baby fabric, but hey, I like it too.

The garden is coming along. The cucumbers and lettuce are past. We are still getting squash and tons of beans. We are getting tomatoes, but far less than in other years. They are good though! Don planted a new batch of lettuce for the upcoming cooler weather.

Look at these bean plants!
They are literally 8 feet tall.

I've been redoing the Curious Nature quilt and ordered more fabric in one of the fabulous sales over the holiday weekend. I'm going to end up with two quilts instead of one. That'll teach me to read the directions more carefully!







2 comments:

Barb said...

Your bean plant is amazing!!!

Chookyblue...... said...

your TTS looks good.........it's not too big a quilt to have a go on the quilting........ manageable with our machines.........