Saturday, March 19, 2011

Update

My intention is to write a blog message at least twice a week.Obviously the days have been getting away from me. Saint Patrick's Day was yesterday and we had the traditional corned beef and cabbage dinner. It was yummy. No Irish ancestry in our house; we just like the food.

The situation in Japan is continuously on my mind. I lived there for several years when I was a girl, and have always loved that country. Now that it's been more than a week, the newspapers (well, the New York Times is the one I read) are getting away from the story and focusing more on problems in the Middle East. I've wondered if the news we get is sensationalized or muted-I really don't know. The estimates are more than 10,000 killed in the tsunami and earthquake. That is a huge number. Then there is the problems with the nuclear power plants. It sounds like those are starting to be brought under control. I hope I'm right about that. remember how frightening Three Mile Island was, and that was a much smaller disaster.

Anyway, I'm praying for the people of Japan and their leaders

Meanwhile, I've been stitching away and finished my three Tis the Season blocks for March. I've also started a second Tis the Season quilt-yep, this one in green. The second one will be given to someone I owe a dept of gratitude. I'm too tired to get out the camera tonight, so pictures tomorrow.

No comments: