Saturday, February 12, 2011

Gathering


I'm starting the process of gathering the materials for 'Tis the Season wall quilt designed by Natalie Bird. First of course was ordering the book. I got mine from Daisy Cottage Quilting.

My next step while waiting for the book to arrive was to order a variety of red floss. When I get the fabrics, I can choose whichever red looks the best.




I also thought I might do the quilt in greens instead of reds. So I
ordered an even bigger selection of greens to audition.





Next step is to choose fabric. I have to dig out and paw through my many boxes of fabric to find a suitable assortment. I may make the quilt more scrappy than the original. So far I have a cream solid to use for the sticheries if I don't find something I like even better.

What does everyone else do when planning a project? Do you shop from your stash or do you head for the quilt store?

2 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

I have a few bundles of xmas fabrics and I decided on one of those and picked the white background and then the threads.........might make something extra with the other fabrics..........

Jindi's Cottage said...

I'm waivering between red and green as well...I've two pieces of fabric one red and one green that will be the starting point for fabrics...I plan to shop in my thread boxes first...see which thread tells me it wants to play and once I know which colour I'm going with shop in my stash for other fabrics...I'm hoping that the only thing I buy for this project was the book!...