Thursday, February 10, 2011

I've got pictures



Here is my piano cross stitch showing how far I'd gotten on 1/31/11. Below is the leaflet with the piano cross stitch. Tomorrow, when there's better light, I'll try for a picture showing its current status. It's much further along now. It has been quite a few years since I've done any cross stitch and I'm enjoying it tremendously. This is the first time I've ever done cross stitch without a hoop. I read somewhere that it was an individual choice rather than a necessity. I decided to give it a try and the results seem just fine to me.

Yes, both of those pictures were taken on top of snow. It has been a cold and snowy winter so far.

I have joined the
Tis the Season stitch along organized by Chookyblue. It will go from March until August. My book arrived in the mail today and I'm so excited to be a part of the stitch along. See the sidebar for a look at the project.



11 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

a nice little cross stitch to work on..........

KaHolly said...

It's looking great! I haven't done cross stitch in a very long, long, time, but I was passionate about it for years!! Have lots of fun with it. Look forward to seeing it completed. ~karen

Isabella said...

Hi wellcome to blogland and the stitch along you will have fun, like your cross stitch My eyes just dont make it these days

suzitee said...

welcome to the SAL group...such a fun, supportive bunch of girls! Will look forward to seeing your progress :)

Cubby House Crafts said...

Welcome to blogging and the SAL group!
Lisa

BubzRugz said...

Hello, I popped over via Chookyblue... welcome to our crafty blogland... I will be doing the SAL with you too.... such fun reading new people....
Hugz

DAWNIE said...

welcome to blogland and all the great stitchers that are out there. Is great inspiration when there are lots doing he same project.

Annie said...

Welcome to Blogland and enjoy your stitching.

Simone de Klerk said...

Love your start!
And welcome in the blogging world.

Quilt Kitty said...

Hi Diann, I'm new to this craft blogging too due to wanting to join the SAL this year. Your cross stitch looks lovely. It will be nice to have the SAL blocks that come together quickly to intersperse with our slower works - haha! xx

Elisa (AKA scrapcat) said...

Looking forward to seeing your posts on SAL!